Friday, November 14, 2014

Human Interface







The Future of Shopping, Part Two: Federico Marchetti
"Part of me, I'm a shopkeeper. And part of me, I'm an entertainer. You need to entertain your customer, otherwise they will never shop. It's as simple as that."
30 OCTOBER 2014 STYLE DIRK STANDEN
When I asked Federico Marchetti, the founder and CEO of Yoox Group, to take part in this series, he suggested we first meet for lunch at an Italian restaurant near his company's U.S. offices in Soho. It was a convivial gesture and, it struck me, a typical one for this Milan-based entrepreneur who combines European sophistication with American drive and openness. That combination of qualities has made Yoox one of the biggest success stories in digital retail. In addition to running their own multibrand e-commerce sites--Yoox.com, TheCorner.com, and Shoescribe.com--Marchetti's team operates the online stores for designers ranging from Armani to Alexander Wang, as well as several brands under the Kering umbrella. Once we had finished our espressos, we headed up to Yoox's white-walled, open-plan space and got down to business.  Read More





No comments:

Post a Comment